- Kendal Van Dyke: Delegation: What It Is And How To Set It Up – The title says it all, folks.
- wmarow’s disk & disk array calculator – Storage calculator. This wouldn’t be terribly fascinating, except I know the performance characteristics of our I/O subsystem and when I plug in the variables, this is pretty close to real life performance. (Not directly SQL Server related, but it’s my blog so it goes where I wants it.)
- A Loan At Last! – Brad Schulz thoroughly describes how to create a loan payment schedule stored procedure using nothing but T-SQL. The end result is beautiful to behold.
- “Cloud Cloud Cloud, if you’re not in it, you’re out!"… or something – Frans Bouma’s blog – Thank you, for the love of god, thank you. I am glad that someone else is just as unsure which problems are being solved by cloud computing. Frans Bouma, creator of ORM tool/framework LLBLGen, weighs in with his feelings on Azure and cloud computing in general
- solve it forever | ihumanable – Solving a problem for today is really aggravating. I’d much rather solve the problem once, even if it takes me twice as long to do it. I’m lazy, I don’t want to fix it again in a month… or three.
- Silverlight 4 Beta – A guide to the new features – Silverlight 4 is already in developer beta. This looks like it’s going to be an amazing release. Kudos to the Silverlight team for working so hard on this.
- Zen Coding: A Speedy Way To Write HTML/CSS Code – Smashing Magazine – As much as I enjoy writing HTML, and I do enjoy writing HTML, I’d rather not write as much code. Sergey Chikuyonok took a great idea and put it into practice. He’s created Zen Coding. The premise is that you use jQuery style code to write your HTML and it gets expanded into the proper elements
Stuff & Things